The front office staff processes all of the building permit applications within the Town, and contracts with ProCode INC., an independent building inspection agency to perform these inspections.
Building Permit Fees
Permit Fees are based on the valuation of project defined as labor, materials, plus profit, also including any electrical or plumbing. If the project is large enough a plan review will have to be completed by the building inspector.
The Town also has a 2% use tax on the total cost of the material.
- Additions to existing buildings
- Basement refinish projects
- Demolition projects
- Detached building construction (storage sheds exceeding 120 square feet; 10 feet by 12 feet)
- Framing or electrical alterations
- Furnaces and air conditioners
- Gas lines @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Hot tubs
- Hot water heaters
- New home construction
- Sprinkler systems
- Swamp coolers @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
There may be other circumstances that require inspections. There are also projects which must follow the town's zoning regulations, so please call the Town Hall for information. It is better to have the building permit on hand before starting your project then to find out later the fees may be doubled.