The front office staff processes all of the building permit applications within the Town, and contracts with ProCode INC., an independent building inspection agency to perform these inspections.
Building Permit Fees
Permit Fees are based on the valuation of project defined as labor, materials, plus profit, also including any electrical or plumbing. If the project is large enough a plan review will have to be completed by the building inspector.
The Town also has a 2% use tax on the total cost of the material.
- Additions to existing buildings
- Basement refinish projects
- Demolition projects
- Detached building construction (storage sheds exceeding 120 square feet; 10 feet by 12 feet)
- Framing or electrical alterations
- Furnaces and air conditioners
- Gas lines @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Hot tubs
- Hot water heaters
- New home construction
- Sprinkler systems
- Swamp coolers @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
There may be other circumstances that require inspections. There are also projects which must follow the town's zoning regulations, so please call the Town Hall for information. It is better to have the building permit on hand before starting your project then to find out later the fees may be doubled.
Cascade - Online building permitting
We are excited to announce our NEW Permitting and Community Development Software – Cascade. The new system not only streamlines our processes, but it also offers a forward-facing platform for contractors and the general public.
As an active contractor we invite you to create a contractor account in Cascade. Benefits included –applying for permits electronically, electronic plan review, viewing project review status, requesting inspections and viewing inspection results and electronic notifications for permit and inspection progress.
Some Importing information regarding the electronic process.
- It will still be your responsibility to provide hard copy of reviewed/stamped plans on the job site for construction and inspections.
- Credit Card Payments can be made over the phone. The Town of LaSalle will add a Credit Card processing fee of $3.00. We do not accept Credit Card transactions beyond $1,500.
- Inspections must be requested before 4 PM to be scheduled on the following business day.
- Always include a contact name and number in an inspection request.
- AM/PM inspection window requests are not guaranteed.
Please follow this link to create an account. https://lasalletown.cascadesoftware.net/Account/SignIn
- Click on Register as Contractor
To request an inspection:
Call the Inspection Message Line: 970-305-3161 – extension one (1)
Town of LaSalle Community Development Department and ProCode, Inc
For technical support and assistance please call ProCode @ 970-305-3161 extension zero (0)