The Town Hall front office prepares the monthly utility billing while the Public Works Department reads the water usage and maintains the meters. Central Weld County Water District treats the water, which the town owns.
Water flowing through our system is tested on a regular basis. If you have any questions about your water usage, please contact Town Hall.
Potable Water Rates (Metered Usage)
- 0 - 5,000 gallons: $1.25 per 1,000 gallons used
- 5,001 - 10,000 gallons: $2.50 per 1,000 gallons used
- 10,001 - 25,000 gallons: $3 per 1,000 gallons used
- 25,001+ gallons: $4 per 1,000 gallons used
All customers will incur a base rate of $35, even if no gallons of water are used. This rate went into effect on January 1, 2018.
Non-Potable Water (Dove Hill)
Fees for non-potable water for Dove Hill are determined by lot size. The following rates went into effect beginning January 1, 2018:
- 0 - 8,000 Square Feet: $30 per month (year round)
- 8,001 - 10,000 Square Feet: $35 per month (year round)
- 10,001 and up: $45 per month (year round)
Sanitary Sewer Service
The current fees for Sanitary Sewer Service are effective January 1, 2018. Charges are as follows:
- In Town Residential: $25 per month
- Out of Town Residential: $50 per month
- Commercial: $30 per month
- Schools: $0.65 per student, per month ($50 minimum)
- Slaughterhouse: $80 per month (minimum)
Trash Service & Rates
The town has contracted with B and C Refuse for residential trash removal. The trash removal charge is added to your monthly utility bill.
Residential Trash Removal
Trash rates for residential customers, as of January 1, 2018, are as follows:
- Residential: $19.75
- Seniors: $19
Commercial Trash Removal
Private trash removal must be obtained for any businesses located in town.
The town offers a spring clean up weekend and a fall burn weekend. Please call Town Hall for more information regarding these special events.
Storm Water Rates
Effective January 1, 2017, there is a maintenance fee for storm water drainage. Those rates are as follows:
- Single-Family Units: $4 per month
- All Other Units: $8 per month
Bills are due upon receipt, however bills are not considered past due until after the 2nd to last business day of the month. A late fee of $15 will be applied if payment is not received prior to the last day of the month.